It may not quite be summer yet but I love froyo all year round! It’s such an easy accompaniment to a warm pudding and you can make it far in advance and keep it in the freezer for any occasion – even those unexpected ones!
This is a great low sugar alternative and also contains plenty of protein from the yoghurt to help keep you fuller for longer, so it makes for a great healthy option.
280g Mango chunks
1.5 cups fat free greek yoghurt (I used Fage 0%)
Small handful of mint leaves
1. Strain the centre of the passionfruits in some kitchen roll to get rid of the excess moisture.
2. Chop half of the mango into very small chunks and add to the passionfruit, leave the fruits in a bowl to one side.
3. In a blender, blend the rest of the mango with the greek yoghurt until smooth.
4. Add the bowl of fruit and chopped mint to the yoghurt and mix with a spoon until combined.
5. Transfer to a large Tupperware pot, put a lid on top and place into the freezer.
6. After 30 minutes, remove from the freezer and mix well to reduce the ice crystals from forming.
7. Repeat stage 6 every 30 minutes for about 3-4 hours until the froyo is frozen, then serve alongside the orange GATO pot.
Let me know if you try it! You can get hold of the GATO puds for yourself here.