Banana bread has always been a solid favourite of mine for so long! I make it so often (mainly because I always have very ripe bananas in the house and it’s such a good use for them…) and it makes a perfect snack for at work. It’s also incredibly versatile as you can use any flavoured protein you have to hand, or leave it out completely if you’d prefer.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 heaped tablespoons almond butter
- 30g coconut oil
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 4 scoops whey protein of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until no lumps remain and whisk in the eggs
- Add the almond butter and coconut oil and mix well
- Gradually add the flour, protein and baking powder and continue to mix until a cake batter is formed
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks then mix into the batter until it is well distributed
- Pour the mix into a lined loaf tin and bake at 160 degrees for 50-60 minutes until a knife in the centre of the bake comes out clean, I’d recommend covering with foil for the first half of cooking at least to ensure that the top doesn’t burn!
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, before slicing and piling high with quark, berries and a chopped Eat Vive bar for added crunch – enjoy!