It has been a hot minute since I last posted a recipe on here.. I’m so sorry. Life very much got in the way but now my final ever exam is done, I am back! I had a few very brown bananas left in the cupboard so decided to put a little twist on a classic banana bread recipe. This turned out SO well and was such an amazing texture inside, so I had to share it!
- 4 ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour (you can use a gluten free alternative if you are allergic however gluten is absolutely fine otherwise and the wholemeal flour is so much nicer than white flour!)
- 2 scoops whey protein
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Dark chocolate to top, optional
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl until they look like a puree
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, eggs, flour, protein and coconut oil and mix well until a cake batter is formed
- Grease the skillet well with coconut oil and pour in the mixture
- Top with broken up pieces of dark chocolate
- Place in the oven at 170 degrees for about half an hour until lovely and brown on top (I don’t like mine too pale!)
- Carefully remove from the oven and leave to cool then enjoy!
As you can see this is such a simple recipe but one I will happily make over and over, you can of course add any number of fillings to this to change up the flavour as it’s such a versatile dish but sometimes the simplest recipes are the best! Let me know if you try it!