Indian food is a firm favourite of mine and my family, however curry can often leave me feeling really full and bloated and is often crazily high in calories. This is ok as a one off but I like having indian food regularly so came up with a slightly healthier option which is packed with goodness to make you feel amazing afterwards instead of lethargic!
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and gives this curry its amazing colour, this is also Vegan so caters for a variety of dietary requirements making it a great dinner party dish.
- 2 tins of beans (it’s up to you which you use, Haricot, Cannellini and Borlotti work well!)
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pack of green beans, trimmed and chopped in half
- 1 bag of baby spinach or half a bag of kale
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Optional: any other veggies you’d like to add!
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan and fry off the onion for 5-7 minutes until softened then add the garlic for a further minute
- Add the beans, seasoning and spices and mix well until everything is coated in the spices, leave to cook for a couple of minutes
- Shake the coconut milk well then open the tin and empty the contents into the pan with the green beans, mix well and leave for 20-30 minutes on a low heat
- Add the spinach or kale and leave for a couple of minutes until it wilts, mix into the curry well and serve!
Let me know if you try it!