The final day 0f my #picstakeover was actually a guest post by the lovely Healthy and Psyched – combining a breakfast favourite with fruit and veggies for extra nutrients and goodness. Of course Rachel topped this with a big spoon of peanut butter and this recipe is totally vegan, the courgette adds so much volume so this is sure to fill you up until lunch!
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup rice milk (or another plant-based milk)
- ¼- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ (125g) medium zucchini/ courgette
- 2 tbsp Pic’s peanut butter
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Grate the zucchini and add it to a medium sauce pan.
- Add in the oats, rice milk and ¼ cup of boiling water.
- Heat on medium and stir constantly. When all of the water has absorbed add another ¼ cup.
- Cook for around 5 minutes in total. If it is getting to thick then add extra water or rice milk.
- Transfer half of your zoats to a bowl followed by a table spoon of peanut butter and the rest of the zoats.
- Quickly rinse the pan and then add your frozen berries to the pan and heat on low for a couple of minutes until they have defrosted.
- Top your zoats with the warm berries and another tablespoon of peanut butter.
How do you top your oats?
I’ve been nominated for a Motion Nutrition Health and Fitness Influencer award, please vote for me!