Nicecream is one of those things that I wish I’d known about years ago – making icecream out of frozen bananas is absolutely genius, not to mention better for your health, full of nutrients and probably cheaper too. It can be tailored to so many different flavours and makes a beautiful flex bowl base! The gym goers amongst you can add protein and other goodies to improve the macronutrient content, and the wellness lovers can add superfood powders – so it really is something for everyone! It’s also really easy to make so this recipe feels like a bit of a cheat really.. but I’m going to tell you how I made my snickers variation.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1tbsp crunchy Pics Peanut butter
- Handful of chopped nuts
- Handful of cacao nibs
- Dash of almond milk
- Make sure the bananas are completely frozen and pop them into your blender
- Blend until a smooth icecream has formed, you might need a little bit of almond milk to loosen it up
- Add in the cacao nibs and chopped nuts and mix until well distributed
- Finally swirl through the spoonful of Peanut butter, so that it’s marbled through the icecream
- Put back in the freezer for at least half an hour, then serve!
Easy peasy indulgence!
As always tag me if you try it – let me know on Instagram or twitter!