I recently received the August Superfoodio box to try and absolutely loved eating and cooking with all the goodies they sent. Although it took me the whole month to think of something, I finally managed to make use of the feature ingredient which was a sachet of Carob powder.
I’d never used it before but I was reliably informed that it can be used pretty interchangeably with Cacao powder so my boyfriend and I decided to try a chocolate cake recipe with it! This worked out so much better than I could’ve ever hoped and I really hope some of you try and enjoy eating it as much as I did!
For the cake:
150g Ground Almonds
85g Coconut oil
85g Agave Nectar
2 tsp baking powder
30g Carob Powder
For the frosting:
15g Carob powder
Flesh of 1 ripe avocado
30g Agave Nectar
30g Dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Put all the cake ingredients into a processor and mix together until smooth
- Line a loaf tin with coconut oil to prevent sticking and fill with the cake mixture
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, until a fork comes out clean and the top is slightly browned
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before frosting
- Melt the dark chocolate and mix with the other frosting ingredients, then spread over the top of the cake and top with anything you fancy – I used pistachios!
Easy as that! As always please tag me in any recreations as I love seeing them,