I cannot BELIEVE how quickly the last year has gone – this last year has been so amazing and I’m celebrating with some pretty delicious baked goods! I did also buy a naughty chocolate cake for those who don’t fancy healthier baking, but these chickpea blondies are so delicious that you’d be mistaken for thinking they’re not healthy at all! This recipe is a combination of various ‘chickpea blondie’ recipes which I have used over time and this mix of ingredients tends to be what works best for me – it uses very few ingredients but tastes delicious and can be easily halved if you don’t want the temptation of a huge box of brownies lying around (I, however, have hungry colleagues so needed to make a big batch!)
2 drained cans of chickpeas
250g Almond butter
½ tsp Bicarb
½ tsp Baking Powder
200g Chocolate chunks (with extra for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees centigrade
- In a processor, combine all ingredients apart from the chocolate chunks until all blended together.
- With a spoon, mix in the chocolate chunks to the remainder of the mix along with any other fillings you want – dried fruit such as apricot could work really well here.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, tip in the contents of the mix and smooth the top
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, if the top looks like it’s browning too much – cover with tin foil
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool and firm up
- Melt additional dark and white chocolate separately to drizzle over the top, along with optional crushed frozen raspberries for a pop of colour!
- Leave to set then cut into chunks and serve (or try not to demolish in 5 seconds flat…)
Hope you enjoy – what’s your favourite birthday bake?