This is a super simple recipe and to be honest, anything goes! Anything in your cupboards or fridge could be added in here to create a delicious side or main dish full of nutrients and flavour. This is also a great meal to make in batches ahead of time to freeze or take to work for lunches and you can eat it with a whole range of meat or other vegetables.
Ingredients (serves 2, or more as a smaller side):
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 courgettes, chopped into small pieces
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 leek, chopped
1 tsp chopped chilli
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 small pack of mushrooms, chopped
Handful of chopped herbs, whatever you have to hand – Basil or parsley work really well
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
- Put your coconut oil into a pan and add onions, leeks and chilli
- After a few minutes of cooking add your other vegetables and leave them all to soften for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes with the chickpeas, season well and add half of the chopped herbs
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and leave to simmer for at least 30 minutes – or longer to intensify the flavours!
- Serve up with the meat/vegetables of your choice and scatter over the remaining herbs
As always, let me know if you try anything!