The final instalment has arrived – how time flies! I must admit this week has probably been the most unsuccessful in terms of my challenge, I forgot an awful lot that I was supposed to be not complaining at all (whoops!) but what I did realise was that I actually don’t complain as much as I always used to anyway. I feel like the last couple of months I have really changed my mindset and tried to adopt a positive mindset and spread that to others as well. So today I wanted to give you my top 5 tips for adopting a positive lifestyle, and they may be easier than you think!
- SMILE (scientifically proven to make you happier – if you wake up feeling like poo, force a smile on your face for just a couple of minutes and you’ll be amazed at the difference
- Do a good deed – this shares the love like no other, no matter what it is it will give you a wonderful feeling and karma will definitely be good to you for it too!
- Set yourself realistic goals – for two reasons… firstly this serves as motivation to go to the gym, get to bed on time, eat nutritious meals, and you will feel proud of sticking to your goals and achieving them, secondly they need to be realistic so that you have a chance of meeting them! Don’t set yourself up to fail.
- Be kind to yourself – you went over your macros? Pressed snooze instead of going for a run? Had a lazy night in with your better half eating chocolate and pizza? If these things make you happy then do it and don’t beat yourself up for it. Life is all about balance after all, a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body.
- Surround yourself with positive people – no-one needs to be spending time with people that bring them down, make them feel bad and generally have a negative impact on their lives – so reassess, it’s no use having loads of friends if they’re no good for you, quality over quantity here people!!
What do you do for positivity? Let me know your tips!