A few months ago I posted my favourite three breakfast recipes, but it’s been a while so I thought I would add a some new favourites to that list for any new followers!
1. Sweet protein crepe
As much as I absolutely adore pancakes, making loads can be time consuming so this is a really easy way to speed up the process and end up with something just as delicious! You can also switch up the flavours to this and make it taste however you like.
Half a banana
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender while you heat a tiny bit of coconut oil in a pan
- Once the pan is hot, pour in the mixture so it forms a really thin layer across the base of the pan
- Cook until you see bubbles forming on the top of the crepe, then flip over to cook the other side
- Top with your favourite goodies and eat!
2. Poachie stack
This is such a delicious weekend feast – layers of wholemeal toast, humous and poached eggs! This isn’t a super technical recipe but feels like a real treat and you can mix and match ingredients depending what you have in the fridge.
2 slices of wholemeal toast
1 small snackpot of humous
Handful of baby plum tomatoes
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Toast the bread and layer with the humous (or you can swap this for mashed avocado!)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil then bring down to simmer, add the white wine vinegar. Swirl into a whirlpool with a spoon then crack in the eggs one at a time. Leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes then leave to drain on kitchen paper until you’re ready to serve.
- Layer up the toast with the tomatoes and eggs and enjoy!
3. Salted caramel zoats
An egg free recipe for you guys as I’m aware not everyone is addicted as me… this is a perfect post workout treat and is full of essential protein and carbs.
1 Grated courgette
200ml Almond milk
Couple of drops of sukrin caramel flavour drops
1 scoop of salted caramel protein powder
- Mix together the courgette, oats, almond milk and flavour drops then heat on the hob until the mix starts to thicken
- Take the mix off the heat when nearly cooked and add the protein powder, stirring well until it’s fully combined
- Top with all of your favourite goodies, I used strawberries, a nutribomz ball and salted caramel peanut butter!
Hope you’ve enjoyed the update of breakfast recipes, tag me in any recreations!