Nothing says get well soon quite like chocolate, and making it yourself gives it a little something extra which is just what I did recently and these went down a treat. They are so easy to make, yet look so impressive, I got my inspiration from Deliciously Ella on this one!
They are made using just 4 ingredients and are completely dairy free so anyone who is lactose intolerant can still get their choccy fix. The ingredients may sound fancy but all are very easy to get online from places like Amazon and this recipe doesn’t use that much so you will get plenty of delicious creations out of them!
Ingredients (makes 12 large cups):
- 100g Cacao Butter
- 150g Honey
- 1/4 Cup (30g) Cacao Powder
- Almond butter of choice!
- Fill a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases and make some space in the freezer for the tray
- Put the first three ingredients into a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water for about 5 minutes until the butter has melted and mix well to incorporate all the ingredients
- Take the bowl off the heat and leave to the side to cool for a couple of minutes
- While you wait, put a teaspoon of almond butter into each of the paper cases, try and flatten it out a bit so it covers most of the base
- Pour the chocolate evenly into the 12 cases, making sure the almond butter is covered
- Freeze for a couple of hours or until hard, then pop out of the cases and eat!
I like to keep them frozen so that they’re always nice and solid when you go to eat them, but you could also keep them in the fridge for a week (if there are any left after a week that is…)
As always, let me know if you give them a try and tag me in any recreations!