So Libby, my gym buddy, fellow blogger and occasional roomie tagged me in a blog post she wrote recently asking a number of questions as part of something called the ‘Liebster award’ – think of it as a chain letter for new bloggers as a fun way of getting to know eachother a little better. I’ve answered Libby’s 10 questions and nominated some inspirational ladies below to answer mine! Here goes…
1. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE PLATFORM OF SOCIAL MEDIA?
It would have to be Instagram as that’s what got me started and they always say a picture paints a thousand words, which is so true! Seeing people’s food and having the option to read a caption is much more fun to me than just reading words
2. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BLOG?
Seeing how motivated it made me when I started posting photos of my meals. It all started as a bit of fun but I soon realized it was a way of holding myself accountable and meeting amazing new people who actually understood my love of poached eggs and burpees (don’t judge!)
3. WHO WOULD BE YOUR DREAM BLOG COLLABORATION?
I’d love to collaborate with Clean Eating Alice – when I look right back to the start of my personal Instagram account there are a few healthy food pictures but I stopped posting them as it just wasn’t the done thing then – if only I knew then what I do now! Alice was one of the first food bloggers I followed and I always look to her meals for inspiration so I think it would be really fun to create recipes together.
4. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE MEAL?
Mexican any day!
5. IF YOU COULD HOST A DINNER PARTY WHO WOULD YOU INVITE AND WHAT WOULD YOU COOK?
I would love to have #thegirlgains round for dinner because they just seem like the most fun group of ladies and we can bond over our love of Oppo – I’d probably cook a nice wholesome chilli with sweet potato wedges and feta salad, my favourite for cooking in bulk!
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE TREAT FOOD?
I’m a northern girl at heart, so it would have to be some form of pastie/pie! I know you can make gorgeous healthy versions of these but sometimes only the original will do!
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF EXERCISE?
I love training legs as it makes me feel so strong – so a combination of strength and high intensity work on my legs would have to be my favourite
8. WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
University and accounting exams keep me busy most of the time – but in my free time I love making new recipes for my blog, going out for a nice long walk or curling up in front of the sofa with some good food and my man!
9. WHATS YOUR IDEA OF A DREAM SATURDAY (OR WHENEVER YOU DON’T WORK!)
Get a workout in early on, eat brunch (depending how I feel either savoury or sweet… so it would be poached eggs, avo and smoked salmon or protein pancakes!), catch up with friends for a spot of shopping! I’ve recently moved house so that is keeping us pretty busy at the moment, weekends now usually involve lots of trips to the tip and decorating… glam!
10. SHOW ME A PICTURE OF YOURSELF DOING SOMETHING YOU LOVE!
I couldn’t choose… so I picked two!
Now onto my questions (including a few of Libby’s questions)… can’t wait to hear all about you guys!
- What first got you into health and fitness blogging?
- Name your 3 gym bag essentials
- When the gym kit comes off, what do you love doing?
- Tell me your most motivational quote, fitness related or otherwise!
- What is your favourite body part to workout?
- Who is your dream blog collaboration and why?
- What is your favourite dinner?
- Eggs – poached, scrambled, fried or otherwise?
- What advice would you give to someone looking to get into fitness and healthy eating?
- Show me your selfie!!
ActivelyRees (aka coolest mumma on the block!)
Remember to pass it on and choose the next group of girls to tell us more about themselves!